Wednesday, February 16

Good food wasted by poor quality

So tonight Dave got to pick the place for dinner. He picks the Chef & Brew. So after a long while I choose to order peppercorn chicken...which sounds good and all...even if I didn't really know what I was getting. Well it ends up being a peppercorn gravy over the chicken and some fries. I'm like "not what I expected, but looks good". Well, they didn't quite use the best piece of meat...you know the ones marbled with fat and such. Well it was enough to keep me from eating all of it (or most of it for that matter)...and we have these french fries (w/o vinegar...but I can forgive them for that) but I don't know what kind of oil they used to fry the fries...cause they didn't quite taste right... Oh and then we had our Cafe latte after our meal...well let me just say Nescafe.

Well the point of that rant is that it is now 12:40am and I'm very peckish...should have gotten the cheeseburger like Amy.

P.S. there is indeed real lightning going on out there...not just fireworks.
P.S.S Did I mention that our server most likely used to be a guy?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let me guess. There isn't likely to be a return visit to the Chef & Brew anytime soon! With Brew in the name did you not try a beer? Or is truth in advertising not required.

Murray (Dad)

Ryan said...

They did have some beer, however, it seemed a little overpriced (well for Malaysia).

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I thought you were supposed to stay away from chicken?

Look forward to further updates ... and pictures. I assume you will get a chance on the weekend to do more extensive exploring. Enjoy the experience!!

Marilyn

Ryan said...

Well I'm not that worried w/ the chicken. Mostly due to the fact that it was in a form which I thought would have some resemblance to normal food (as a contrast to what I find in the cafeteria).

Anonymous said...

Hello we miss have you in the country! When do you think to will find out, how long you will be in Malaysia?

I'll talk to you when you get back in North America "Canada"! From your older brother! Joel

Anonymous said...

Hello we miss have you in the country! When do you think to will find out, how long you will be in Malaysia?

I'll talk to you when you get back in North America "Canada"! From your older brother! Joel

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you'd try North American food in any other country. Are you surprised the fries tasted different? I swear I'm going to slap you for eating seriously shifty food trying to pass for a taste of home!! I worry about you!

Ryan said...

In my defence, I didn't know that my order would come with fries. I wasn't even sure what I was getting. :)

In general we have been eatting at a variety of different places (and types).

Anonymous said...

Hello Ryan you are saying your waiter, looks likee they were ounce s female?