Friday, March 25

I'm not dead yet

Hi all,

Sorry for my extended absence. I haven't died or become American yet. Just been a little busy here in Chandler. Mostly with work, but tonight (after stopping working at 7:00 Adam and I went ou with Lacey (and some of here friends) after work. We found ourselves at some karaoke bar. I'll say that the American's are a little funny with there choices. We did find that one of Lacey's friends was St. Catherines born...so it was neat to run into a fellow Canadian (more bellow with the rye).

The highlight of the night was that the bar actually had Crown Royal. So there were two rounds of Crown and Coke, and a round of Crown on the rocks. Ah isn't Canada wonderful. I'm sorry to all of you for being so quite so far. You can account a bit of it to the fact that Adam and I have been eating well and not American food--we have been BBQing some terrific meals. I know that won't be a very good reason for most of you but I hope no one will hate me for it. I hope to get in contact with some of you in the next day (you can guess as to who you may be).

I also wish you all a very happy Easter since I will be stuck down here in the US and they don't seem to have a stat holiday for either Good Friday or Easter Monday...so that means I'm working them :(.

Anywho, it is a little on the late side (1:45) here and I should really be going to bed. Night all and can't wait to talk to you guys. It isn't quite Canada here (though it does feel like our June right about now).

-Ryan
The forever displaced Canadian

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you have to work on Good Friday. I work on Saturday and Monday too so I have equal (well almost) time at work over the holiday week-end. We had thought of heading to Goderich, but we are going to stay put here to do some packing and getting ready for our trip next week-end.
Don't drink too much of that good Canadian whiskey. Remember your head for the next day!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ryan, hope the Americans are treating you well! Hopefully you are drinking canadian coke, with that Canadian whisky!

Hope you are having fun in the state of Arizona on the weekends, that you aren't working! Bye for now!

Katia said...

Your spelling is much worse than usual when you're drunk.
Thanks for making me laugh :)

Katia said...

They don't have Easter stats?! The US consulate here does take both Friday and Monday off.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kat that your spelling sucks, but I won't hold it against you! I too had to work on Friday and Saturday as well. As an added bonus with the 25cm of snow the other day I got to shovel my driveway for hopefully the last time. I only did it to get my severely stuck car out! Hope you have a nice Easter in spite of your circumstances. I promise to have multiple drinks for you (possibly to maintain my sanity as I spend it with family)!! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa has to work Good Friday,
Saturday ,Sunday and Monday so there is no sympathy coming from him !! I will agree with everyone else that your spelling has deteriorated(hope that's spelled correctly ) since you went to the USA !! My biggest concern is the "forever displaced"Canadian. I hope you meant temporarily !!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

I can understand your misspelling of words. You probably come by it honestly from me (sorry). I just want to see more blogs to read and I will put up with the spelling problem.
So tell your story Ryan as only you can and we will be here to accept it happily.
Happy Easter morning.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan:
Yes, I did wonder if you had gone somewhere down there . . HAPPY EASTER TO YOU! Uncle Julian I have stayed at home as well as we are getting over a bug. We have gone to see Grandma 2x. Had a visit with Pam and Aunt Jan on Friday at Grandma's. We went to church 2x and otherwise stayed home to clean and watch golf. We ate a bunch of chocolate and shared it with Grandma today. She had a nibble but having an off day and very sleepy. We are finally getting rid of snow and looks like higher temps coming up. Wish we were in good old Ar. with you. Hope you get to see Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Love, Aunt Bet.

Anonymous said...

. . . I dito your mother's comments about the spelling. Westlakes have a talet for reading bad writing and spelling. You may have to interpret some speling that comes your way. Just keep sending messages whatever time of night or condition. We love ya!! Sorry I didn't send an Easter card. I couldn't figure how to send it to your blog. Love, Bet

Ryan said...

I miss you all. A holiday weekend by yourself really sets that home. :(

Oh, and don't worry about the bad spelling...I don't :D

Anonymous said...

Don't take the comments about spelling too seriously---after a number(?) of Grandchildren we can read almost anything !! Keep the reports coming --that's the important thing .
Grandma