Sunday, November 6

The Tale of the Lost Luggage

Well one day in Malaysia is over, only a few left. :P I spent a lot of my day chatting with folks back home, and watching Asian TV (which mostly consisted of Western movies). But onto the point of this post. So now, just around 24 hours later, there is some news regarding my luggage. No, I do not yet have them. But according to the WorldTracer Services both pieces of have been located, and the airline (Cathay Pacific) is confirming. I suppose by confirming they mean that the airline currently in possession of them is confirming that they indeed have them. So hopefully more good news will be following.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news. I hope that it doesn't take too many days to travel to you. I can't imagine being without my "stuff". Just a little bit discerning.
Glad you have kind of settled in. You should try to make the best of it. It will be great when you get your vonage box and can call "everyone".

Ryan said...

And just like thta, the tale is over. My luggage is sitting at the foot of my bed, and just a couple minutes earlier I received a phone call from guest services. Ah, the world is now a better place. :) And it took just about 26 hours from time of reporting to time of recieving. Not bad I would think.

Some other lucky guest was receiving their bags too (I saw another one on the luggage cart).

Anonymous said...

I too am so very happy for you. I thought that it would come together soon, because we wish it that way.
You can wear clean clothes to work on your first day back and not blend in so much (heh, heh).

Anonymous said...

What great news Ryan, now you can get into the shower, and clean clothes! I bet you are much happier now then when we talk this morning!

Anonymous said...

I ,too am glad you have your luggage !! I was hoping it would be a little bit before you had to pack it to come home !!

It would be "nice" if they gave you some compensation for having to deal with the aggravation all this caused !!

Ryan said...

Well I doubt I'd get anything for the trouble...only if they had lost or damaged it, which it looks as if they didn't. But yeah, it is very nice to have something to change into, other than yesterday's clothes (more like this weeks clothes).