Friday, November 4

Malaysia v2.1

Well I am nicely in Hong Kong now. I've had a chance to wander around the airport a little. So far seems pretty much the same as last time I was here.

I would have to say that the flight from Toronto to Hong Kong has gone better than the previous flights. I think that can probably be attributed to the fact I have a lot more air-time under by belt, and I knew what to expect from the flight. And since I didn't get much sleep last night (well whatever you call the night before I left Arizona), and refused to sleep on the flight from Arizona to Toronto.

Also, I am feeling a lot less apprehensive about this whole trip than last time. I could almost say I'm completely relaxed about it. I guess I can say that all this traveling over the last year has had its benefits.

My flight was a mix of a few activities: reading, playing games, watching movies, eating, and sleeping. With sleeping and reading taking the majority of the time. The movie selection was a lot better than on the America West flight (I don't even recall what they were showing now). During my flight I ended up watching The Island, and most of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, both over food. Note that there were many more and all them were an closes loops, so I could have watched many more during my flight, but I did not.

Ah, food! It is great when the airline actually feeds you. The Toronto-Alaska leg had supper, steamed chicken, rice, and mushrooms; it was decent, but maybe it was the couple glasses of wine that made that decision. And the Alaska-Hong Kong leg provided us with a mid-night snack (fruit-cup, sandwich, sushi, cookies, and a Kit-Kat), and breakfast (Udon noodles with shrimp, fruit, and banana bread).

George, I would have to say that The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger, was a superb book! It is one that I think almost anyone would enjoy. So, all you other readers out there, I suggest you give this book a read. With that done, I'll move onto The Curious Incident (another book George lent me...even if they aren't his books).

And now back to the present, what shall I do for the next few hours? Sushi at 11? It will be my 25th birth anniversary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'So far seems pretty much the same as last time I was here.'
Some of us could be so lucky! :)
Have a great time while you're there...maybe it's the last time...(??)
Nice to know that you arrived, even without luggage (luggage-smuggage!) had some good food and wine.(?)
Have a great birthday Ryan!