Wednesday, November 23

Planes and Plans

Well according to the flight tracking, Joy and her mother have landed safely in Holland. I hope that they both enjoy their trip thoroughly. They will be there for about two weeks, and should be back in Ontario a day before me, on the 7th of December. I'll probably post some of the picture that find their way to me.

And for the next couple weeks, well probably the remainder of my time, I'll be working shifted hours, 4PM - 1AM local time (3AM-Noon EST). So, I get to sleep in every day now. So far it is going alright, but I've only had one day of it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are having "fun" with your ticking time clock !! Also wondering how you did it ????
Does your shift mean you will work nights and sleep days ? That's what I did mostly when my "kids" were babies. Actually lucky if I got to sleep at all !!!
Glad Joy and her Mom arrived safely and you all will arive home about the same time .

Ryan said...

The countdown clock keeps me apraised to how long I have left. It is a little "pick-me-up".

I will have to admit that I didn't do it from scratch. I found a script (some programming code) on a site that I just included on my blog. I was just required to set the date-time in which I wanted to count until. And magic it works. :)

Yeah I'm working those backwards hours. I get up late morning, putter around, eat, and goto work. I usually get back from work at 1:30-2AM. I then read a bit, and goto sleep. Sounds excitting doesn't it? :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan:
We would trade you for your weather today! We are snowed in in Wroxeter. Uncle Julian can't get to work and I cancelled my senior's dining program in Brussels, so we battened down the hatches, knitting and watching the hockey game. How fun!!
Hope the shift work is OK for you. Are you cooking your meals at home or eating out?
Love ya!

Ryan said...

I don't know. Snow sounds pretty nice about now. :)

No, I have not been cooking my own food, since I don't have any facilities to cook with. So it has been a mix of eating out, eating at the hotel, etc.