Thursday, May 26

Camera Lens

So I think today is the day...I buy a new lens for my camera. George was nice enough to bring my Nikon F65 down when he came to Arizona, so I have it here now. And with all the nice scenery around, and plenty of night photography opportunities it would be extremely nice to have a telephoto lens. So, I am looking at the possibility of buying a Sigma telephoto lens 70 - 300 mm focal length. You can find out more about it here.

So I'm currently waiting for George to get back from a meeting before we go and try out the lens using my camera (just looked at it yesterday...which tells you very little about it). I don't imagine there would be any issue with actually trying the lens out with my camera to ensure everything works as expected. The lens sells for about 270 USD which brings it to about the exact same price as from Henry's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is the Sigma lens better than the Nikkor 70-300mm telephoto that is designed to work with the electronic functionality of your camera? And only Can$199!

Dad

Ryan said...

This lens is also design to work with my camera (just want to make sure everything still works). Optically speaking this lens is better than the Nikon G model. It should be compared with the ED model which has a more solid build and better optics inside it. Notice the APO designation on the Sigma--this is similar to the Nikkor ED.

Ryan said...

For reference here is the similar Nikkor lens. It doesn't have the macro mode of the Sigma.

Anonymous said...

OK. Just wanted to make sure you went shopping, eyes wide open! Or in this case lenses wide open.

Dad

Ryan said...

Actually here is the link to the Nikkor equivalent.

Anonymous said...

So, Grandma had a look at "find out more here" and decided it was a waste of time !! I say "Go for it" and send me some great pictures.

Grandma

Ryan said...

I think that I'll go with your advice Grandma. :) I didn't manage to get to the camera store today due to work :(. But with all the time I managed to put towards work today I'll have an extremely short day and I'll have no problem getting to the camera store. :)