Tuesday, October 18

Joy and her new camera

Joy is very involved with the photos she is taking. Doesn't even realize I was taking this picture. This photo is taken at the Grand Canyon along the Hermit's Trail.

The Hermit's Trail goes west along the south rim, starting at Grand Canyon Village. The trail's lookout points are accessable via a free tour bus or on foot. Joy and I took the hybrid approach. We took the bus to the second point, and then hiked for about 4 hours until we found ourselves near the other end (just prior to a 5km gap between points). At this time we got on the bus and headed back to the Grand Canyon Village, and then onto the desert side lookouts.

More to come... Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent shot Ryan. You captured her very nicely.

Ryan said...

Thanks. I have some more I'll post. You may think the same about them. I also have more Canyon shots that I want to share.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan: Hope the folks landed OK. This pic of Joy is good. Is it is sypiatone?

Ryan said...

Thanks, I like the picture too; and yes it is in sepia tone.

Oh, and yeah they made it safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful picture --must be a "good" photographer. I think I've told you before we're glad someone is taking up the "slack" left when Harvey died . Keep it up!! you may wonder why I'm replieing to a whole bunch of postings all at once. Read the family letter and you will see what we've been doing!!

Anonymous said...

Oops--should have previewed my comment .Can't leave a bad spelling.Should read "replying"

Anonymous said...

Hello Ryan, it sure seems, like Joy is right into the picture taking mode! Great shot Ryan!