Sunday, July 17

Productive Weekend

Well I just finished a little extra work--4 hours of it actually. What a way to spend a Saturday evening :(. Well actually as sad as it sounds it was actually very productive. I was stuck in this situation due to some very tight deadlines next week (actually they were pushed out from this week already). So hopefully that will be all the work I do this weekend...cross your fingers for me.

The funny thing about me working this evening is that I spent most of the day teaching myself the Ruby programming language. For those of you that may by some odd chance be interested you can find out more about it on the Ruby website, or from their very thorough documentation. Yeah, I know I'm a geek.

Well I should probably get to bed soon since I'm going for dim sum with Lacey, Yuki, and Tony. Mmmm, dim sum.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you know you're a geek (I've been known to remind you on occasion).

Anonymous said...

Working weekends eh !!! does that mean double time pay ?
No---It never did for a profession known as farming either !!
We aren't quite in desert like conditions here after 3 1/2 inches of rain yesterday--Belgrave got 7 inches so the river is mighty high to-day !! Maybe the grass will start to grow again.
Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Well Ryan I spent 8:00am till 4:00pm doing my CPR/first aid qualification. I too didn't get paid, but I found out that I'm probably the one to call if you need help. There was someone (I will not mention who) that has five children that I work with and she wouldn't do AR (artifical recusitation mouth-to-mouth) on her own children. Boy her children must have all been healthy babies and she calls herself a mother. I am probably a little anal about this point because of Joel and his trach and all. Forgive me and little venting at this point.

Ryan said...

I'm still waiting for some rain here :(. We are expected to get some...but maye at most 3" between now and September.

Oh, and I continued with my geeky endeavors on Sunday too.

Anonymous said...

So is any of that rain expected to come from the remnants of Emily? Although it is headed your direction, it would have to cross a lot of desert to get to Arizona.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan:
Sounds like a family thing - working weekends. I was On-Call and really had to go out on a call on Sunday and only got straight time for it.
We had 5 1/2 inches of rain in Wroxeter on Saturday. The river is really high but not over flowing. It's humid too. I'd really rather be in Arizona. I'll trade you places.
Ruby programming in July sounds like a coordination of gem stones and programing. Have fun. Love ya!!

Ryan said...

Actually we did see a little rain. On our way to the store we got hit by a few rain drops. Just a little, not enough to even effect my vision without wipers. I did however feel that I should use them since I had a chance. ;)