Tuesday, April 1

Switzerland Status

I am still here. I haven't posted as much as people would like because of the fact I haven't done too much that is exciting. Yes, I am in Switzerland. You wish you were to set the sights, so do I. Yes I had a weekend to do so. The truth is I really don't enjoy sight-seeing by myself.

Over the last few work trips that I have been on by myself, I have realized that I am not a lone-traveller. When I am done work for the day I usually sit back and read a book. It allows you to escape the reality that I am all by myself ever so far from everyone I love. Alas, with my sob-story I did still go for a walk on the weekend, so yes I have some pictures. Although they aren't very exciting or good (and I appear to have dust in my camera and I don't have any of my cleaning equipment here).

So on Saturday I went out to see what there was to see.

I drove around a little in the beautiful weather--note the lack of MPH on the instrument panel.


And I walked along the Rhein river. It isn't to exciting at this point since it is fairly near the source.


I found some sort of bunker thing. If anyone knows what this is please let me know.


And from the backside.


And it looks like the Swiss were thinking of Joy when they made these steps.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

So, about that bunker. I asked one of the fellows I have been working with and he confirmed that it would be a WW II bunker. And that the large bank is to keep the river out, not to put trains on.

George said...

Thank you for the update. Better late than never.

As far as being a lone traveller is concerned, I agree that it takes a lot of effort to make yourself venture out into the wild world. Adventure is a dessert best enjoyed with two spoons. However, we are all glad you made the effort to see some of Switzerland.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't see any dust artifacts on your photos... but once you know where to look, it's usually all you can see. Good thing I invested in some sensor-cleaning equipment.

George said...

I see you've been inspired by my new blog template. Personally I prefer the one you had before this one (not the orignal, but some intermediary one). But change is nice anyhow.

Ryan said...

Yeah, I haven't decided which one to use...so will like switch it up a bit over the next little while.