Tuesday, April 1

Quarterlife

English-language channels here in Switzerland are very limited--CNN, BBC World, BBC Prime, and some random MTV shows. And to top it off they don't have closed-captioning, so I can't even watch them with the aid of subtitling--I have yet to pick up German.

So I was exploring alternate forms of media and came across a web-based sitcom Quaterlife through an article on the CBC website. The Quaterlife site is some sort of social network site for people whom are creative, and such, but also contains the 36-episode series (approximately 10 minutes per episode).

I started decided to give the first episode a look. It kept me interested so I watched another. Come 2am I had watched all the episodes--you can thank the short, well linked episodes for my inability to stop watching. I recommend checking out the trailer here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were talking about this on Attack of the Show (I get forced to watch G4 A LOT) and they were saying that it is the first internet series that has crossed over into a tv series. They didn't think it was getting good ratings and were afraid it would prevent the crossover from happening again.

Ryan said...

Yeah aparantly it lasted just one episode on TV. That said, there is a market for web-based TV, especially if it is on-demand. :)