Friday, June 3

It is an addiction

So today around 3pm or so George and I found ourselves at Tempe Camera again. I was looking for a used wide-angle lens, 24mm in particular. I just so happened that they had just received one that had not yet been put into the display case. It also ended up being in mint condition and only 200 USD. So it has found its way into my growing collection of lenses.

The new lens is a Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 fixed focal length wide-angle lens (you can see it here). This should be excellent for doing landscapes of such places as the Grand Canyon. Which we may find ourselves at this weekend.

On Monday of this week we had Caroline and Mas arrive down here in Chandler. I don't know if they are planning on the Grand Canyon or Las Vegas for the weekend. I do believe however that George is wanting to go to the Grand Canyon for his last weekend here. Given that I have all of negative 30 minutes in my available working time for the this week, we may get an early start tomorrow. ;)








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget spare batteries! :)

Have fun! We are off to Saltford this afternoon.

Dad

Anonymous said...

You are such a geek! How are you going to share your time with both lenses? Or is the old lens obsolete? Either way, you'll put your new one to good use if you take off this weekend. I'm biking to Port Dover tomorrow, just for the fun of it. Maybe I'll snap some photos with my disposable camera!

Anonymous said...

This seems a round about way to find out your dad is in Saltford !!
I think he did mention that he would be back for lawn cutting this weekend ,but I forgot !! Don't you miss that job,and when do you go back to Malaysia ?? You will soon have as many camera lenses as Harvey had !! Have fun with them.

Grandma

Ryan said...

I may not have mentioned this but it doesn't look as if I'll be going back to Malaysia for this round of projects.

I should be set with these lenses. Well I might look to replace my 28-80mm with a higher quality one in the future. But not for a while.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you aren't going back to Malaysia--Ity must be unbearably hot there now !!
Glen said it was hot when he left India !!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

I see you are sending comments out on Grandma time ---3:33 AM !!!!

Grandma