Monday, September 27

Navilyn Plants a Tree

Over the weekend we acquired a couple of second-hand bushes from the Vnouceks. "Acquire" glosses over the hours of digging in George's front garden, but that part wasn't the exciting part. Sunday morning Navilyn and I had the job of replanting the two bushes.

Navilyn discovered a wonderful new tool...a rake:
New Tool
Raking Time

When I got one of the holes dug Navilyn thought she should ensure that it was deep enough:
Deep Enough

With the hard work of planting the bushes done it was time to fly around the yard
Flying
before trying to escape
A Way Out

Additional photos can be found in the related set on Flickr.

Navilyn and I are happy with the job we had done, but then Joy arrived home from mountain biking. She points out that I have the dead-spot facing out. Sigh. And that I should have planted it two feet to the right. Double sigh. A little more playing in the dirt for me...

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Welcome back to blogging! The pictures are great. Now we need to decide what to do with our garden. I heard you are good at digging holes...

Ryan said...

I sure am good at digging holes. Point me at a plot of land, wait, fill with beer, repeat.

George said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I like the new blog look. And it's nice that I don't have to log into that book face thing to see some pictures!

My favourite is definitely the photo of Navilyn climbing the fence.

Ryan said...

No one likes having to log into that book face thing to see pictures. You cannot really see them very well there since thy are always so low of resolution.

I am actually contemplation disabling/deleting my account on that service--I do not really use it.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.