Saturday, June 16

Sunburst Honey Locust

So last weekend Joy & I decided we wanted a tree for our backyard. So we went for a drive down to the the local tree farm, J C A Trees, to find ourselves a suitable tree. After a little searching we decided on the "Sunburst" Honey Locust tree. A lovely tree with new leaves coming in bright yellow, and turning yellow again in the fall. We claimed on that we liked, and it got tagged with our name; we just had to wait until the following Friday to receive it.

Friday morning eventually came, and as I was leaving for work the J.C.A Tree folks arrived to plant our tree. As I was leaving for work I did not get a chance to see it until that evening. 





The tree was Friday's excitement; on Saturday Adam, Alex, George, and Graeme aided me in moving a concrete step from Jeff's house into our backyard. The back door no longer had the long drop. :) Thank you everyone involved.

7 comments:

George said...

It's a very nice tree. Your backyard is starting to fill out. The second picture, to me, seems very uplifting; it has a sense of endless bounds (or boundless ends?). I'm sure that's what you were going for. :)

Ryan said...

I'm not sure that I was going for anything that "deep", that I knew of, but I was going for that look since I took numerous similar shots. :)

Another tree, some more gardens, a patio, a fence and we'll be all set.

Caroline said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. May it bring you years of joy and shade ;)

Carolyn said...

I guess it is time for a BBQ at your place to show it off.

Ryan said...

I suppose we should have one of those BBQ things. Maybe if I'm organized I'll do one this week.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the family thingy on Saturday in Kleinburg.

Anonymous said...

How does your Sunburst looks now? I planted mine May 2007. I was wrong when I chose this tree. I should have looked at this tree before I bought it. The shape is not rounded and the branches are so zigzag. The colors are nice but I always gets sad everytime I see the shape of the branch.

Here is the pic of my sunburst honeylocust.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn134/s1mpl3k1d/HoneyLocust/SunburstHoneyLocust2008pic1.jpg