Monday, March 26

Rain versus Snow

So today marks the first real rain storm of the year. This morning was rung in with a thunder storm and heavy rains. Thankfully the weather was kind enough to ease up the rain so that my umbrella was unnecessary (though in hand).

The work-day was highlighted with a beautful blue sky and nice and warm weather. A glorious day.

My walk home was not as glorious. I escaped the morning but just a few metres into my walk home came the rain. Oh, and did it ever rain.

FYI, an umbrella is pretty well useless below your waist. From about my knees down I was soaked, shoes drenched and all. This is where snow comes into the story.

Snow is a lovely form of water in which it will nicely stack up, and even allow you to brush it aside, or pile it high. Rain on the other hand likes to flow...everywhere. And when you get dumped on, it has a tendency to create streams of water along the sidewalks and roadway which mere shoes can do nothing to save you from. Ah, poor snow I do wish you fell in the warm weather.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Interesting perspective.

Anonymous said...

I agree -----up to a POINT !!!

I do not have to walk anywhere in the rain ---snow either for that matter ,so I guess it makes no difference for me .However I do drive and rain is better than snow then.