Sunday, March 12

Jungle Living

As you all know I'm back in the jungle land of Malaysia. Well, I'm personally in no jungle, but actually just my 3rd home the Shangri La George Town. And as in previous trips, it has been a week without to much in the way of exciting news. Just the typical 11 hour days this country always seems to bring.

Once my work week was over I pretty well settled into a weekend of reading. Haven't really gone anywhere other than downstairs to eat. I have gotten through many, many pages of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I know have books I & II behind me, and almost 20% through the third and final book in the series. So my real concern now is what do I read after the remaining 380 pages are behind me? I really should have brought more than 3 books, especially with 27 days remaining.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I Penang is the most picturesque area of Asia. . . I don't know personally never having been there, but, isn't there something you could do outside?

Just wonering . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering--Is there no place you can buy books in Panang ??? and preferably some that are not a waste of time and money !!

Ryan said...

I'm assuming that I'll be able to find somewhere with books, now whether they are the orignal editing (not some special Malaysian version) that could be another question.

As for worth reading, are you suggesting something about my current choice? :P I do imagine they have some western books around, tourists do come here after...being it is pretty and all.

George said...

You claim it's pretty there, but you have nothing to prove it. If only it were possible to capture light onto a medium so as to show people what it's like in Malaysia. I guess the people here in North America will just have to dream. *sigh*