Sunday, August 14

Weekend of Adventures

Well actually it really hasn't been extremely eventful. Friday Caroline had the pleasure of heading home to Ontario (lucky girl), and Mas will be arriving here Monday mid-day.

So what have I been doing with my weekend? Not a whole lot. A lot of my time has been spent playing World of Warcraft. The exciting thing was dinner. Went a got a very nice piece of tuna from Whole Foods. With this fine piece of fish I made myself some seared tuna. It was extremely good, if I do say so myself. ;)

And that is about all I have. Not very exciting I know.

Well one other thing. Just thought I'd put a couple cents in for the Joel Plaskett. I suggest you check him out, a good Canadian artist from Nova Scotia (he and his band are on on the Maple Music label...maybe I should check out some of the other artist on the label). And just to let you know I can thank the CBC Radio 3 podcast for bringing him to my attention.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seared Tuna...
now that sounds very good. Are you practicing your cooking skills to wow us when we come in October for a wee visit?

Caroline said...

Yay Canada :)

Anonymous said...

Good thing I read your Blog ---it keeps me up to date on what your family are up to !!! October !!!

Now that CBC employees have been "locked out" you will have to get your Canadian news and music somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I think Seared Tuna sounds very good also.

Are you not getting a trip to Canada for Thanksgiving ??

Ryan said...

Hopefully the lockout doesn't last long or I might be forced to listen to American music. Well I do that already, but at least a third of my music is Canadian (probably closer to a half).

Ryan said...

Yeah, I'll be back for Thanksgiving, do not worry.

Ryan said...

And for those who want to give it a try; this is the recipe I based my seared tuna off. I didn't have the thyme, or lime (used lemon instead). Give it a try, but do be sure to have a good cut of tuna.

Anonymous said...

Looked at your recipe---just looked !! I'll stick to canned tuna and wait for an opportunity to taste some prepared by you !!