Monday, August 8

New Toy/Photo Accessory

Well I got myself a new toy, erh...photography accessory... Well, what I actually got was a scanner. I got it with the primary intent of digitizing and sharing film. So I got it for all of you. ;) So what did I get? I got a CanoScan LiDE 500F at the price of 130 USD.

The scanner comes with a film scanner, so if for some reason I don't have access to the print I can scan the negative. But from some initial tests scanning the negative doesn't yield the best results; this is consistent with other flatbed scanners I have tried (in particular Dad's HP...correct me if you have discovered a technique for scanning negatives well).

So, I really don't have any good photos to try it out with yet, as I left the film/prints from the various trips back in Kitchener. But the good news is that I am getting 3 rolls of prints back on Tuesday afternoon. One roll from recent time (I think it has some pictures form South Mountain, and from July 1st weekend), the other two are some of the mystery ones that I had waiting to be developed (I think they could be from some time in 4th year of university), and I still have another 4 of the mystery rolls to develop. So we all will have to wait until Tuesday until we get to see how well it works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about "mystery" films--it's quite exciting. I recently had one developed that I though was current and took it back thinking they had given me the wrong ones--I had not a clue what they were. Then a lightbulb went off and I recognized the beach in Goderich. They were ones I had taken when Vicky Keith arrived in Goderich after swimming across Lake Huron !! Look at the plaque when you are there next to see what year that was !!!