Friday, April 22

A moment of peace

Hi all,

I guess I never did get back to writhing about Vegas. I suppose I'll still find time to do a post dedicated to it...don't think that this will be it though.

Currently, I'm just finishing up for the week. And guess what that means...BBQ. What I actually just finished doing was preparing some home-made burgers (with the help of some 2002 riesling from our good friends at Turning Leaf in California...sorry everyone, you can't find Ontario wine here). Lacey and Gilberth should be showing up in about 45 minutes to take part in the feast (it is always fun to feed others). I hadn't really tried to make my own burgers from scratch until I got here. But I've done it a number of times now; I don't think I'll ever buy pre-made burgers again. Thanks for the base recipe Mom. :)

Tomorrow will see a trip to the Grand Canyon for Adam and I. And it will be made extra special fun by the new rental car--a 2005 Celica. This car is really growing on me (well I have always had an eye for them)...I do wish it were a stick though. :( I'll definitely let you all know how the Canyon is (pictures and all); but now I need to go finish off the burgers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait for the Grand Canyon in pictures & stories. I'm sure it was more fun than a spring snow storm in Goderich was for us!

Dad

Ryan said...

Well we too experienced a taste of winter...actually a taste of all the seasons all in the same day. I'll fill you in.

Anonymous said...

Wish you would

Anonymous said...

I really would like to see the canyon sometime . . . so please post some pictures! Sounds like you are still using you gift of cookery. Wish we were there to taste!! and see the canyon hint, hint..
We'll have to get you to make "scratch burgers" in Saltford. We had the Wightman 3 for supper on Saturday and had a tropical, vacation picture event inside while it snowed outside.
Love Ya, Aunt Bet