Tuesday, February 20

Hiking in St. Jacobs

This past Sunday Caroline, Carolyn, George, Joy, and I went for a winter hike down by the river in St. Jacobs. We have done this previous years and still to date we have never gotten past this one point...I suppose it has something to do with the fact we only go when it is really cold out.

The difference between this hike and previous winter hikes is that Joy & I had snowshoes--thanks Mom & Dad. The snowshoes were great. "The path means nothing to me!" was a quote heard coming from my lips.

[Joy making her own path]


[Joy enjoying the freedom of snowshoes]


[Carolyn bundled up against the cold]


And last but not least, the ever so required artistic photos.

4 comments:

Pat Wightman said...

I'm very glad that you finally got to use your showshoes. They are a treat to use through the deep stuff.

Ryan said...

I have some photographs showing Joy & I walking through the deeper snow, but I didn't manage to post them (maybe I can find a good one and post it).

Carolyn said...

I want to borrow them. When I have my snow pants on or course!

Ryan said...

Sure, let us know when you want to borrow them and you can have a go at it.